Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DIY Earring Holder


 It is my quest to try to organize. 
You wouldn't be able to tell it by my house. 
But I try very hard
My jewelry is the biggest mess.  I am either always missing an earring or can't find them so I give up and wear nothing.  I came up with this idea while browsing a local craft store.  It was fairly simple and took about a half hour to create!

Supplies:
Wooden picture frame
One sheet plastic canvas
Scrapbook paper
Scissors
Mod Podge
Paint
Paint brushes
 Start by tracing an outline of your frame onto the back of your paper.  (that makes it much easier to mod podge later).  Then cut the paper out.
 Next paint your frame in whatever color your heart pleases. 
Put as many coats on as you like.  This is a judge free zone here.
After your paint is dry apply that Mod Podge!!!!
While you are waiting for you Mod Podge to dry take the plastic canvas and cut it down to size.  I like to be lazy and take the insert that came in the frame and use it as my guide. 
Next all you have to do is secure it into the frame and look at you!!!  You just became a ROCKSTAR!!!  All your friends will want to be you!!!!  (sorry I am really hopped up on cold medicine) 

Simple, easy, and CHEAP... my three good friends!

Linking to:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I love me some mod podge! What can't you make with that stuff? This is a great idea.

Bonnie said...

These are so cute! I made your scrap paper flowers and posted about them yesterday. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I am about to make something for my jewelry because it is allllll over the place and I keep losing random earrings! I actually bought some of that plastic stuff already but I definitely need something bigger :)

I am following you now. I'd love if you came by my blog sometime to check it out.

jamie@sewrockin.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...