Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Summer Adventure in Sewing

This past December I bought a sewing machine.
With NO IDEA how to sew.
Now when I say no idea, I mean it.
I didn't even know how to tie a knot in thread.
Let alone sew on a button.
Good thing SSG Army Pants was taught how to sew in basic training.
So with this Summer this is what I am going to do.
I am going to learn how to sew.
With a little help from my friends.
I am going to call this 'My Summer Adventure in Sewing'
First I will show you some projects that I did last week.
I took an image off of my Silhouette and made this owl pin cushion.
I made this ruffle pillow too!  I am pretty excited that I actually did this!  But I want to do better!
My goal by the end of the summer is to make another pillow like this and see the before and after difference!

1 comment:

PaperVine said...

I LOVE LOVE this owl!! Your blog is a fun read and I totally get where you are coming from regarding finding your stuff on Pinterest!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting (and a big thanks to your hubby doing what he does too :-))
Lowri

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...