Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY Block Puzzle

 My boys LOVE puzzles! 
I love puzzles!
What is even better about this puzzle???
It is actually 6 puzzles!
AND you could do this in whatever theme you want! 
Think Christmas or birthday presents!
It is fairly simple.
Kinda time consuming.
But WELL worth it!

Here is my how to!

Supplies need:
Wooden blocks (I got mine at a local craft store.  But you could take a 2X2 and just cut it.
Paint
Mod Podge
Scissors, or a paper cutter
6 different prints of paper
Sanding block (not shown)

Measure out how big your blocks of wood would be together.  
Since my blocks were already cut I had to tape them together.
Cut out all your different paper. 
I always do this first before I paint.  
Gives me something to do while paint is drying.
Paint your blocks to desired color.
While paint is drying take your six different patterns and cut them into the sizes of your blocks. 
I cut mine to 1 and a half by 1 and a half.
After paint dries modpodge your paper to your blocks.  
I sanded in between patterns so that the paper wouldn't peel off and so that they would all fit together.
Then just let them fight over enjoy them!
Monster preferred to stack them. 
Then promptly had them taken from him after he decided to throw them at his brother.

Want to know where I party???
Click HERE

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! I have been trying to come up with a birthday gift for our neighbor boy! I believe I will be stopping at the store on the way home to see if I can come up with some superhero paper and do go from there. If I find the right paper and the project comes to be, You will know!

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

I would LOVE to see what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel said...

Cute idea! Love it!
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Candice said...

That is so adorable! What a fun idea. Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back :)

http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

Denise McDonough said...

Oh I love this!!!!
I am so making this!!!

Thank you for coming over to Mommy2Nanny3Doggy1.com

And I try to be honest all the time :) So I hope you come back for more!

Delightful Deets said...

Such a cute idea! Love all of the papers, thanks for sharing!
Delightful Deets

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I have tons of scrapbook paper and I really need to give this a try ~ I'm sure my kids would love it.

Thanks for sharing.

Laura
ComeTogetherKids.com

Unknown said...

I love this! What a fun idea. Thank you for sharing!!

*Jeana* said...

Great Idea...I would love for you to share your link at my "Anything Goes Link Party" http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/10/anything-goes-link-party.html

Nikki Monet said...

This is so completely clever!! Would love it you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/bedazzle-me-monday-4.html

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...