Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome Home 744th!

 This past Saturday SSG's unit came home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan.
I was fortunate enough to come with and welcome them home.
While my husband did not get deployed I couldn't help but get emotional with the happiness in the room.
I had helped these wives, mothers, girlfriends for the past year.
They have become much more to me than just a fellow Army family member.
Everyone lined up with their signs getting ready for the moment they had been waiting for since they left.
 We also had the Patriot Guard riders lined up for them to land.
These men and women with the Patriot Guard are just fantastic.

 They stand there silent holding their flags to honor the men who have served their country.

Wives, children, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents all waited anxiously for their solider to disembark the aircraft.
And as soon as they landed nothing but pure happy chaos ensued.
This is my Army family.
I love them as much as my own.
Welcome home 744th EN CO.  
Thank you for fighting for our freedom.
You are truly heroes!

On a side note.
But a VERY BIG side note.
Wanna see how easily you can sign away three years of your life???
You can do it in 2 minutes apparently..
SSG signed a new contract and had to swear in.
It really isn't as glamorous as Army Wives makes it out to be.
 SSG signing his new contract.
 This is what SSG had to swear to:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God. 

 All done in about two minutes.
SSG is on the right, the other guy is the CPT he is kinda a big deal around here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...